Conservative efforts to discourage voters are working.

Sponsored Links
Can a voter ruin his paper deliberately? Or is that illegal too
a bit strong really [unless your comments are rhetorical ]entering a vote must conform with requirements as in clear'and to requirements "spoiling " will mean non-compliant so off no interest or offence ??

I didn't vote I couldn't find anyone that I wanted to waste my shoe leather on. If I had been forced to vote I would have just ruined my vote paper. How would they know??? Or are voters in the UK spied on?

I didn't vote I couldn't find anyone that I wanted to waste my shoe leather on. If I had been forced to vote I would have just ruined my vote paper. How would they know??? Or are voters in the UK spied on?
In my opinion a spoiled paper counts better than not voting, although it is the same end result.

But don't for 1 minute think that it's a secret vote. If you notice when you go to vote you are checked off a list and a number is recorded against your name.

Sponsored Links
A core tenet of Conservative ideology is "small government".

Using the local elections as an example, Party HQ must be overjoyed at just how small their governance now is :ROFLMAO:

All this waffle about elections

Ever since I can remember elections have always
Followed the same trait

Either you get a conservative or a labour government

Couple of differences were the lib lab pact under Callaghan (?) and a similar caper under Cameron

Eventually they get booted out and the opposition take over and than vice Versa

But listen to some in here it’s like some great event is going to unfold :LOL:

Jeez us wept

Governments need to be changed regularly.

Like nappies

and for the same reason.

This has been puzzling me since yesterday. The BBC calculation for gains and losses for Lab/Con is totally different to the ones in the Guardian and Telegraph. Does anyone understand it? It's just the gains/losses. The seats won are the same.

1714836273882.png

1714836324723.png

If I had been forced to vote I would have just ruined my vote paper. How would they know??? Or are voters in the UK spied on?

Yes they do there is a unique number on the vote paper that is ticked off against your name and can be tied back to you. Last time I voted I ripped off the number in the booth.
It might not be a good idea to vote anyway as it only encourages them :ROFLMAO:

Yes they do there is a unique number on the vote paper that is ticked off against your name and can be tied back to you. Last time I voted I ripped off the number in the booth.
It might not be a good idea to vote anyway as it only encourages them :ROFLMAO:
Any proof of this?

Any proof of this?
It's quite well known.

Apparently it was done to help investigate potential voting fraud.

It would be very difficult to search through thousands of voting slips to find the one corresponding to your vote.

But under some circumstances it has been done the other way round. It would be illegal, of course.

Any proof of this?
Proof ?
Too late now but check for yourself -- you give them your name (now backed up with photo ID )- they give you a ballot paper with a unique number on it and that same number gets written against your name. So it can be checked how you have ever voted.
But I am sure its safe and effective and for your protection.

I can just see someone sifting through thousands of papers looking for your number

Sponsored Links
Back