Conservative efforts to discourage voters are working.

Sponsored Links
Any proof of this?
Proof ?
Too late now but check for yourself -- you give them your name (now backed up with photo ID )- they give you a ballot paper with a unique number on it and that same number gets written against your name. So it can be checked how you have ever voted.
But I am sure its safe and effective and for your protection.

I can just see someone sifting through thousands of papers looking for your number
You did not believe it - you were asking for proof - I told you how it can be done. Your vote is NOT secrete.

Sponsored Links
Even former Tory cabinet minister Rice-Pudd admitted the voter law was an attempt at “gerrymandering” elections which backfired.

"Speaking at the National Conservatism conference in Westminster on Monday, Rees-Mogg said: “Parties that try and gerrymander end up finding their clever scheme comes back to bite them, as dare I say we found by insisting on voter ID for elections.

“We found the people who didn’t have ID were elderly and they by and large voted Conservative.

The former Tory cabinet minister added: “So we made it hard for our own voters and we upset a system that worked perfectly well.”

The new law was proposed and made its way through parliament while Rees-Mogg was serving in the government."

Back