Morris J Type

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

What a cracking little van.
No use to me but I'm sure we will see a few on our streets soon.

Unlike most Retro new vehicles on our roads, this looks just like the original.

Citreon also do a classic retro that I think will go into mass production.

I do like to see this sort of thing.

Sponsored Links
Been around for some time
1714985272932.png
the Bedford CF 1971–1995, so nothing new. Seem to remember Morris made a 7 seater motor cycle?

What a cracking little van.
No use to me but I'm sure we will see a few on our streets soon.

Unlike most Retro new vehicles on our roads, this looks just like the original.

Citreon also do a classic retro that I think will go into mass production.

I do like to see this sort of thing.

No reason why it couldn't be done. There might have to be some concessions to current regulations, but perfectly possible to make something that looked like that.

Been around for some time View attachment 342329 the Bedford CF 1971–1995, so nothing new. Seem to remember Morris made a 7 seater motor cycle?
A Bedford CF cost me my job at a Vauxhall main dealer! Not that I was bothered. In a main dealer, the way to earn money was on the bonus system. Every job had a book time. If at the end of the 40 hour week you had done, say, jobs with a total book time of 60 hours, you’d get 20 hours bonus.

When they bought out the new GM diesel engine as fitted to the CF, I was sent to the factory training centre for a week to learn how to repair it. As it was so new, they didn’t have any book times for it so every job was a 'time taken' job. In other words, you could never earn any bonus. I overhauled one engine, time taken. Did an head gasket on another, time taken. Got the third one, stripped it into a thousand pieces, left some bits in the van, some bits under my bench, some bits in my tool box, some even went in the bin …and I went off sick. Came back two weeks later and I was taken straight up to the office where the foreman said “You're sacked, compliments of the management" and gave me my P45. As I sad, I wasn’t bothered and I’d already got a job in a Ford main dealers. My dad was furious and got in touch with the citizens advice centre or something like that and they intervened. I was on £70 a week at the time and they gave me 3 weeks money, £210, for not following procedure. :) . Six months later they made contact and asked if I’d like to come back - I said yeas but I wasn’t going to work on cars or vans - I wanted to go on the big commercials where you could really earn big bonus's. They took me back and I stayed there a few more years.

Sponsored Links
We worked the same bonus system 1.7hrs for a Viva clutch, 1.9hrs if it was a Viva SL, because it had a centre consol.
Everybody moaned because the guy on the service ramp was coining it in doing services all day.
You could make time Monday and Tuesday and lose it all on the Wednesday due to a shi77y job or no work coming in.

Yes seen one in the alternative technology centre, as to bonus systems, I remember coming to change the fan belts an a Seddon Atkinson 6 x 6 gritter, I could not believe there was not an easier way, but on looking at the time allowed to change them 8 hours, always fitted a spare set and tied then out of the way.

Sponsored Links
Back