Intelligent Speed Assistance

What also stood out was how tiny it seemed externally, for a spacious family car, alongside the modern cars.
That will be down to all the crumple zones on newer cars.
Why would our money grabbing government introduce tech which could reduce a huge amount of income from speeding fines? On another note, heard about a guy who took his Hyundai Kona in for a service, while in they did a software update, and you have to accept T&C's when starting the car. Guy was one of those people who reads all T&C's, and found that Hyundai and other "interested" partners (government) can immobilise the car remotely once you have travelled a certain distance or time. he didn't accept the T&C's so the card didn't work. No idea what happened, or if it was even true, but it wouldn't surprise me if there was an element of truth about it.

Sponsored Links
He would have a claim for breach of contract, assuming these were new terms and conditions and he had not previously accepted them in the contract of sale. I suspect he had.

Why would our money grabbing government introduce tech which could reduce a huge amount of income from speeding fines?
You do know speeding is optional?
Stick it in sport mode, dim the lights and let that car go, boy. You wont give a shít about speed cameras then, as you feel the V8 vibrating your penis extension. (y)

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
tbh I think, eventually, this sort of tech will be mandatory on all new vehicles. It'll be the natural direction of things as the tech becomes ever more advanced. Please note, before the moans come, I'm neither saying I agree with this sort of tech nor that 'advanced' equates to reliable.

What I find quite disappointing is a few people in articles have said they like using this sort of tech as it 'stops them speeding' and/or because they've 'never been good at judging speed reduction' when coming from e.g. a 60 to a 30 zone.

Really?

What level of sh1t driver do you need to be to be incapable of driving at a limit, or dropping your speed accordingly. I've always found those aspects of driving extremely easy.
I think the difference is knowing the speed limit, and sticking to it.

People often slow, but consider they are special enough to drive at the speed they want.

Back