What have you been doing today?

Removed all of my kitchen. Bloke was supposed to pick it up today. I phoned him at 8.30 to find out what time he was coming and he said he thought it was tomorrow! To be fair, I did initially say the 5th but I thought I’d rearranged it for today. He has to borrow a van and his wife is in hospital having just had a baby and she was coming out at 12.00 today. I said to leave it until tomorrow but he said no, today is fine. I carried on removing stuff and getting it outside. His brother phoned me at 2.00 apologising and asking if they can come tomorrow. I said ok but by now I had everything outside - in my garden and on my drive. Had to put it all away in case it rained tonight so I took my bike out of the garage, put some in the garage, some in the shed and the rest I took back indoors. He's paid a deposit but Mrs Mottie says the kitchen resembles a pile of firewood and says I should give him some money back as he's doing us a favour taking it away. All I know is, I’m bloody knackered - I’ve got aches in muscles where I didn’t know I had muscles!

Give it to him. Your a nice person,
It will make you feel better.

Sponsored Links
Good job our house has 3 loos.
My poor lads used to come home from school one by one busting for a No. 2 as they couldn't bear to go at school.

Just preferred their own loo and space.

I'd have had trouble if I didn't go to the loo at my school....it was a boarding school.

And we had Izal!

Sponsored Links
Mooching around San Diego

IMG_2240.jpeg

Just preferred their own loo and space.

I'd have had trouble if I didn't go to the loo at my school....it was a boarding school.

And we had Izal!

At primary we had rolls of Izal. That stuff was useless and would poss count as child cruelty in these soft, pampered times. Senior school had the slightly less abrasive stuff in a small box, but still nowhere near Andrex. I still bear the scars. Luckily the toilets were outside and you could sneak a Rothmans to calm yourself.

Worst thing about having a Donald Trump at school was the regular volley of wet bog paper that would come over the top of the cubicle when you were mid flow and couldn't defend yourself. :evil:

Last edited:
Used to smoke Rothmans at school.

I wanted some French fags but the old guy running the tobacconists said they would ruin my throat and sold me Rothmans instead!

Used to smoke Rothmans at school.

I wanted some French fags but the old guy running the tobacconists said they would ruin my throat and sold me Rothmans instead!

First cigarette I smoked. Gold Leaf as well, because teacher used to leave them in her desk drawer sometimes.

Tried Gauloises and Gitanes on a school trip to Boulogne. Horrible. Your tobacconist was right. A cigarette that tasted like a cheap cigar. Recently stayed in a B&B in Lot and Garonne, and the owner told me the large, old wooden barn on his land used to be a drying shed for tobacco. I never realised they grew it in France, but apparently it was the dark, strong stuff that went into French cigs. Every day's a school day.

Mowing the grass. 1 acre! In 7 sections.

not been done for three weeks so it's taking twice as long as normal.

First cigarette I smoked. Gold Leaf as well, because teacher used to leave them in her desk drawer sometimes.

I remember my first, at 14, on the train, on school trip to Liverpool. They were Nelson, I really enjoyed it.

Tried Gauloises and Gitanes on a school trip to Boulogne. Horrible.

On a later school trip to Europe, I bought a pack of Ernt 23, in Germany.

Completely rewired my kitchen ring circuit today. Just finished. 4 twin socket outlets and 3 singles. Still got the cookers, cabinet lights and extractor to do. Some of the render is rock hard. I spent half an hour chasing out a channel from a new back box to an existing socket outlet and literally one inch from the existing socket back box there was a steel gas pipe running up the wall so I had to go down, along and up again. I have two steel gas outlet points already in that wall, about 2ft up from the floor. This pipe was 10 feet away from them and going up the wall. I didn’t even think I had gas upstairs.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back