Vehicle insurance

There needs to be a publicy owned third party insurance "company"... not for profit, providing just bare minimum cover to be legal so people can get on the road at their own risk without being ripped off.
The risk to the insurer is what you might do to other people, esp if someone gets injured, if someone can never work or walk again, the cost will run into many millions

for what ever reason sometimes 3rd party is more expensive, and adding my wife to my policy reduced how much I pay

Sponsored Links
I was at about £998 with Admiral

Added my mate as named driver
Got it down to below £900

Added Mrs B and got even lower to £872

I'm starting to feel better

The risk to the insurer is what you might do to other people, esp if someone gets injured, if someone can never work or walk again, the cost will run into many millions

for what ever reason sometimes 3rd party is more expensive, and adding my wife to my policy reduced how much I pay

But a publicly owned and run third party system would provide a cheaper alternative to the commerical providers who can rip us off as much as they like!

The system in this country is ridiculous.

I've had a single claim in 24 years of driving, but 23 years with zero claims apparently counts for nothing and it's perfectly fair game to increase my premium because someone hit my parked car last year!

The claim is that all the electronics make repairs more expensive than they used to be, but surely all the sensors and cameras mean there are now far fewer accidents, particularly low speed bumps!

We're all being stitched up by greedy insurers because they know we have no alternative.

There needs to be a publicy owned third party insurance "company"... not for profit, providing just bare minimum cover to be legal so people can get on the road at their own risk without being ripped off.

Some bloke on the radio 4 today prog from the insurance association stated that for every pound they get in premiums they have been paying out £1 40p in claims ??

Than there is every insurance policy contains a hidden cost to cover un insured drivers who cause damage to others cars

Insurance fraud / bogus claims / scams for damage / whip lash injuries ect ect

Sponsored Links
Last year it was £680 odd

This year £1085 without the accident that was my fault.

Best I got from comparison sites is £998.00

There is more to it to add to confusion. But to.much to go into.
do you have a whole load of points or live somewhere dodgy? that premium is massive

just had a look at my policy, fully comp £100 excess, 5000 mile a year, 08 plate berlingo = £170

do you have a whole load of points or live somewhere dodgy? that premium is massive

just had a look at my policy, fully comp £100 excess, 5000 mile a year, 08 plate berlingo = £170

I've no points

Today
on way to town I had a chat with an Alcoholic. Walked past another see a bunch up the town centre.

Dog walk this morning
Sunken Boats on river. Abandoned tents ⛺️.

Armhole drivers

Yesterday
Had a bare chested lad walking in the road in front of moving vehicles including mine trying to get into the passenger car door.

My mind was thinking whst happened in Hainault last week.

It's dodgy but I'm used to dodgy.

Do you live alone on Hebridian island?

I think I have sorted it.

£831 ish.

It's hurt but I think it's now done. I suspect same shiī next month when the car is due.

I think I have sorted it.

£831 ish.

It's hurt but I think it's now done. I suspect same shiī next month when the car is due.

If my insurance goes up again, I'm going to go back to the company who insured the guy who hit me and put another claim in...

Why should I be out of pocket for what someone else did?!

I feel sick. The second one an HTS van speeding down my road smashed my wing mirror .
I was standing outside the van.

They claimed responsibility
That wouldn’t really affect your premium as that’s a no fault claim. I had two of those two years ago and my insurance only went up by about £40 the following year.

normal car gets a good bump it can usually be fixed electric car gets a good bump then the 15k battery could be twisted etc so more right off`s . So it is costing insurance companies a helluva lot more nowadays

In the same way that 3rd party fire and swipe costs more than fully comp.

That wouldn’t really affect your premium as that’s a no fault claim. I had two of those two years ago and my insurance only went up by about £40 the following year.

There's more to it but it has bumped it up alot.

Tesla Insurance was cheaper this year and the model I am looking to replace it with, was cheaper still to insure, despite being quicker and obviously more expensive due to being new.
BMW was more expensive. Seems odd how they price. I understood its due to capacity to insure at the time of renewal.

Last edited:
Tesla Insurance was cheaper this year and the model I am looking to replace it with, was cheaper still to ensure, despite being quicker and obviously more expensive due to being new.
BMW was more expensive. Seems odd how they price. I understood its due to capacity to insure at the time of renewal.

Likelihood of being stolen will also be a factor in the cost of insurance.

As will likelihood of it being stripped, and the parts being sold on.

Also, perhaps tesla drivers are seen as being a lower risk than BMW drivers.

There's a lot of factors priced into insurance.

Sponsored Links
Back