Vehicle insurance

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My insurance has come up.
I've had a claim that was my fault.

Also a claim that wasn't my fault. I wasn't even in the van when other hit my wing mirror.

This has put over £200 on my renewal.

They are buggers

Sponsored Links
Shop around? Get better prices, challenge existing insurers to match it

Also a claim that wasn't my fault. I wasn't even in the van when other hit my wing mirror.

They are buggers

Yep, very true

Like it or not its how the risk factors work.

Obviously you must inform the insurers if your vehicle gets hit and damaged. It would have been cheaper to have damaged the mirror yourself.

Sponsored Links
Like it or not its how the risk factors work.

Obviously you must inform the insurers if your vehicle gets hit and damaged. It would have been cheaper to have damaged the mirror yourself.
Your right.

It would have been cheaper paying the repair myself.

Its all wrong though.....being punished even though its not your fault!!

It would have been cheaper paying the repair myself.
and the other parties damage
we had accidents in 2 cars on a multicar insurance - went up by £450 and had it reduced by matching quotes on compare the market - down to an increase of £350 ..... hastings direct , excellent service for both claims and they will check the details for a compare the market or other comparison sites , maybe because they are on them
For all insurances i usually try a few comparison sites - and a lot of the time do change insurance companies.
not looking forward to the house insurance (due in Oct, also with hastings direct) as this seemed to have doubled for a lot of friends & Family this year , managed to get my mother-in-law down by £150 from LV to SAGA - LV would not budge and she had been with them for ever 40years i think on the house , if not longer , and the SAGA was less Excess, hastings Direct was a pain, can't remember why , not interested when i called them , i think they insisted on doing online ..... which she dod not want to do ......

so yep shop around , if you have the time to do all that

and the other parties damage
we had accidents in 2 cars on a multicar insurance - went up by £450 and had it reduced by matching quotes on compare the market - down to an increase of £350 ..... hastings direct , excellent service for both claims and they will check the details for a compare the market or other comparison sites , maybe because they are on them
For all insurances i usually try a few comparison sites - and a lot of the time do change insurance companies.
not looking forward to the house insurance (due in Oct, also with hastings direct) as this seemed to have doubled for a lot of friends & Family this year , managed to get my mother-in-law down by £150 from LV to SAGA - LV would not budge and she had been with them for ever 40years i think on the house , if not longer , and the SAGA was less Excess, hastings Direct was a pain, can't remember why , not interested when i called them , i think they insisted on doing online ..... which she dod not want to do ......

so yep shop around , if you have the time to do all that

They are all killing me.

How on earth does having your door mirror knocked off mean you're a higher risk in future?!
Insurance companies do not need an excuse to push the price up

Daughter took an insurance company to task. They ended up giving her a refund

How on earth does having your door mirror knocked off mean you're a higher risk in future?!
I don't make the rules.

But basically if your vehcile has been hit by somebody else, it's more of a risk than another vehicle is for it to happen again.

Don't take it up with me, take it up with the actuators.

I don't make the rules.

But basically if your vehcile has been hit by somebody else, it's more of a risk than another vehicle is for it to happen again.

Don't take it up with me, take it up with the actuators.
He's only asking a question.

Be a bit, civil.

Unlucky?

Careless?

Reckless?

Insurance companies, and their actuaries, will use any means to bump premiums.

They tried putting my premium up one year, even though I didn't claim (some water damage which, on finding out how little they'd actually cover, I paid for the repairs myself).

They are buggers
is the £200 specifically for the wing mirror, or is also for the one you say was your fault?

my van insurance is less than £200 in total and that includes it being wrote off a couple of years ago by a clown in a lorry (not my fault) got about 5k for the head injury and 3 for the van - repaired it for about £700, (the van not the head) the head just fixed itself, free!

- what are you paying in total

Sponsored Links
Back