Wire End Crimps

Sponsored Links
Strangely I came across these whilst browsing on Temu ( I know!!) £4.98

1715239999659.png

I purchased a german ratchet tool. Off hand I can't remember which one.

When I say German, the brand, is German, made in China though. I spent quite a bit of time searching, and eventually got it for about £20. From memory, the tool is still in the box. In the event that I am sober when I get home, I will photograph it. Other sites were charging more than than double what I paid for it.

Sponsored Links

and although it looks like the cheapo ones you see in poundland etc the crimping jaws are very different

View attachment 342576
you can just make out that the jaws are designed to "wrap" the wings of the terminal round the wire and if done correctly produces a very nice neat join
Possibly not easy to see on some auction pics but the cheapo terminal crimper that I bought from eBay to terminate my bicycle dynamo cabling also has the same correct profile and does a good job (JX-1601 as labelled), probably don't need an RS one for a small job.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Some of the crimpers being shown are for crimps that plug onto something in general, that is the wire is not crimped along the entirety of the crimp which then gets put into a terminal (of which a cord end crimp/bootlace ferrule does).

There are a multitude of different types of wire end crimped connection needing a multitude of differing crimpers.

You just have to get the right ones for the types of crimps you use, using the wrong ones generally ends up with a crappy crimp that can fail.

This is the german one that I purchased.

open crimps.jpg

It successfully crimps the fitting on both the bare cable and the insulated cable . From memory I managed to get it for about £20- most other sites were charging +£30 for the same one and the same manufacturer sells other clamps with interchangeable jaws.

Edit--- Currently available at Amazon for £17.80

Last edited:
That one is suitable for the crimps where you crimp the insulation too such as ring crimps, forked crimps etc.

I generally find that the interchangeable jaws are very expensive and might cost you more than simply buying a new pair. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back