What material to tidy up this job

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My pattress box with top entry has a gap between the cable and the hole

How can I fill this in? What material(s) are suitable?

I also made a 20mm hole in the ceiling for the cable to pass through the ceiling. What material can I use to fill the gap between the cable and plasterboard?

I would normally use trunking, but I'm loving the look of the exposed cable

Attachments

• Patress Box.png
    Patress Box.png
    330.2 KB · Views: 64
  • Ceiling.png
    Ceiling.png
    349.4 KB · Views: 56
Sponsored Links
Replace patress with a conduit entry one and fit 20mm white plastic conduit, two female adapaters, and saddles as required.

If you want to keep the exposed twin (why?) then replace patress with the same type and take the knockout out properly - cut each side of the section you want to remove with junior hacksaw, cut multiple slots into it so the remaininng narrow pieces break themselves out, finish with a rat tail file. Done properly you should be almost be able to acheieve IP4x without the need to caulk. of course some might just wang a load of caulk into the oversized knockout, but that rough as.

Last edited:
How can I fill this in? What material(s) are suitable?
I would say "anything that will stick satisfactorily and is aesthetically acceptable" - maybe white silicone for the box and any white filler for the ceiling.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back