Veritas Alarm won’t set

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I’ve had some work done in my garage today, that required one of the alarm sensors to be moved temporarily. When I removed the sensor, I noticed one of the six wires was disconnected.

When the job in the garage was finished, I reinstalled the sensor, and also checked the wire arrangement in a few of the other sensors, and reconnected the loose wire in the same arrangement as the others.

Unfortunately now, my alarm won’t set, and when I do try and set it, it goes into a continuous cycle of 6 beeps and doesn’t stop until I hit reset on the control panel.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I’m not sure which zone this is as the alarm system was installed by a previous owner and we have no paperwork.

If it helps there are only 6 zones in the house.

Attachments

• IMG_2435.jpeg
    IMG_2435.jpeg
    338 KB · Views: 17
Sponsored Links
No, it doesn’t light up anymore, actually none of them do. I thought there may be a power issue, but the alarm still goes off when I remove the cover.

Aux fuse blown ….probably a 1 amp quick blow….must be an older panel as the new ones don’t have them

Is this fuse in the sensor?
No it will be on the main PCB in the panel, you may possibly have blown the fuse when disconnecting / reconnecting the power connections to the sensor.
The older panels had glass fuses that need replacing, depending on which model of panel you have it may look something like this. In the case the Aux fuse is F3.

Attachments

• IMG_5909.jpeg
    IMG_5909.jpeg
    110.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Thank you very much guys for the help. The fuse has been replaced and it all works fine again. Much appreciated.

Thank you very much guys for the help. The fuse has been replaced and it all works fine again. Much appreciated.
It’s very easy to short out the cable when disconnecting / reconnecting a PIR sensor if you haven’t removed the power first.

At least the fuse did it’s job.

Glad you’ve got it sorted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back