LG FWY916 Washer Dryer - Problem washing the winter quilt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We changed from a Bosch to LG washer dryer last autumn. Everything has been good until yesterday. We put the winter quilt in to wash. The dry weight being well within the capacity of the machine. You probably know what's coming. The washing machine was unable to spin the quilt and finally showed an out of balance code. When I removed the quilt from the drum it was soaking wet and very heavy. After putting on the line and squeezing as much water out as we could, put it back into the machine and had no problem running a spin cycle.
I don't know if the issue was weight or out of balance. I got to thinking what would happen if I left the wet quilt in to machine overnight. Would the water drain out of the quilt to the point where the machine would have run the spin cycle.
The old Bosch never had an issue carrying out this wash, the LG it seems, is less happy.
Any thoughts please from the great and good among you on how to get round this issue. Needless to say I've already thought about changing it back to Bosch.
Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Newer machines all seem to now have some system of checking for an unbalanced load so probably a new Bosch would be the same. Doing as you suggest might help but a better way would be to add a few towels spread around the quilt (ie towels in bottom, then quilt, then towels on top ) so that the drum is full of wet washing when it comes to spin

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back