Levelling a garage floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There's a slight dip in the concrete of about 1/4", 20" long, at the middle under the roller door so the weather can get in. The door's bottom edge is undamaged and has a straight edge and the rubber seal is good..

What product should I look for to render the floor level? ......or do I use cement/sand/aggregate?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
There's a slight dip in the concrete of about 1/4", 20" long, at the middle under the roller door so the weather can get in. The door's bottom edge is undamaged and has a straight edge and the rubber seal is good..

What product should I look for to render the floor level? ......or do I use cement/sand/aggregate?

Thanks
You won't find a lasting product that will be durable, when spread that thin. Break the toe of the slab off and re-do, using the roller shutter door as a levelness guide.

I leveled a bit of mine with a sand, cement, SBR mix. Clean the floor, prime it with a mix of SBR and cement applied with a stiff brush (eg a broom) then apply the mix. I don't keep a car in there so no heavy loads but it's been fine for years.

I leveled a bit of mine with a sand, cement, SBR mix. Clean the floor, prime it with a mix of SBR and cement applied with a stiff brush (eg a broom) then apply the mix. I don't keep a car in there so no heavy loads but it's been fine for years.
I was thinking he'd want it to look ok. :cool:

Sponsored Links
2:1 Kiln dried or silver sand with cement and SBR. Dampen and prime the surface first.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back