Installation of new cooker hood and ducting

Reaction score
Country
Ghana
Attached photo shows kitchen with cabinets and space for 90cm cooker and 90cm hood extractor. Duct cannot go through the backwall because of the dining space behind it. My Plan is to run a 150mm diameter duct vertical into the ceiling and turn right and run it to the exterior wall 3m away. I am planning to use 750m3/hr hood system in a kitchen with volume space of 37m3 to take care of the long run and 90 degree elbow in the duct. My concern is
1. Will the hood performance suffer?
2. Is there a risk of the duct becoming hot and burning something in the ceiling during the operations?
3. If so, should I lag the duct to reduce heat transfer to the surrounding?
Thank you.
20240126_114338.jpg

Sponsored Links
why in the ceiling? and which way do your joists run? You can't cut huge holes in joists.

Hi Murdochat.
Thanks for your feedback. My choice of the ceiling is to hide the ducting for aesthetics.
For the joists, I am yet to verify which they are running. I plan to get the ceiling space assessed for feasibility of routing of the duct before I purchase the hood. I guess if the ceiling is not possible, I may have to consider running it on top of the cabinets and hide it with panels or opt for the recirculation model, which is less effective. Thanks once again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back