Generator for pressure washer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I have a Karcher K7 pressure washer, 3000 watt.
I need to buy a petrol electric generator to run the pressure washer.
How many kVA should it be the generator? I have found one with 10.5 kVA rated up to 8400 watt and another one with 9 kVA rated up to 7200 watt.
I wanted to be sure that the generator can handle pressure washer's electric surge. How much bigger that 3000 watt should be the generator to handle the surge, or starting wattage of the pressure washer?
Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Either of those would be ample but if I were buying a new generator I would be looking at the inverter type. I believe they are less expensive now than they used to be.

Sponsored Links
I want to use also with other tools but the 3000 watt pressure washer is the bigger one. So want a generator big enough to handle the electric surge.

I've often thought for these things there should be an easy plug n play system that separates the engine from the tool, so you buy a gx270 or whatever and then plug it into the generator frame, or the jet washer frame, like a tractor uses its PTO to power all manner of farm machinery.

I've often thought for these things there should be an easy plug n play system that separates the engine from the tool, so you buy a gx270 or whatever and then plug it into the generator frame, or the jet washer frame, like a tractor uses its PTO to power all manner of farm machinery.
Already exists!

Nice find, and curiously coincidentally the exact two components we're discussing too!

I wonder why there aren't more accessories for it..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back