External wall/doorway/cladding - how to fix this? (See photos)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Really hoping this is something I can fix adequately rather than pay someone but have no idea how to proceed. Panels to the left and front appear to be wood, two wooden uprights are all rotting from the bottom up, damage doesn't seem to extend too far up though. Mortar around the visible brick (end visible, the upper one) is all loose and degraded. 1970's ex-council house, warning markers for possible asbestos throughout but I think not that likely here? Reasonable DIY skills but no builder! (Door frame and to the right of that also rotten but need to tackle this first!) Any advice gratefully received.

Attachments

• IMG_6026.jpeg
    IMG_6026.jpeg
    408.2 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_6027.jpeg
    IMG_6027.jpeg
    424.3 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_6028.jpeg
    IMG_6028.jpeg
    380.5 KB · Views: 51
Sponsored Links
Off topic: I don't wish to worry you but keyboxes like the one you have there are very easily broken into, without any tools needed. See YouTube and upgrade, is my advice!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back