Changing a light fitting

There ins't really anyway to create more room, other than to either as suggested put the connections in a joint box in the ceiling (which can be a little bit of a nuisence if you need to fault find at some point and someone has put half a lorry load of rockwool on top) or cutting a circular dryliner into the ceiling to mount the fitting to.

Its normally a case of just taking care with dressing the cables in the fitting I'm afriad, some of which comes with practice, and some of it is taking your time with it and thinking about where they'll end up when its put back on the bracket.
Thanks for that. I took as much care as you suggested I should do in your first post, and the light operates as intended. I guess I’ll just have to accept the situation and move on.

Sponsored Links
That’s what I do with all of mine. As long as you can get to them it’s not a problem. I do my upstairs ones from the loft and the downstairs ones from a removable panel in the floor under the upstairs carpet.
Thanks for the response. As stated below I’ll leave “as is”, I reckon.

Sometimes its not perfect but as long as cables are not in danger of being crushed against metal parts and creating a fault then its fine :)

SOmetimes if you are struggling one handed with connecting the fitting and dressing eveyrthing into it, you can use a scrap bit of cable through one of the fixing holes in the light and one in the bracket to hold it, then when you are ready to fix it, just cut it away and drop it on the floor, you can also have the screw ready on the driver with a blob of blue tak as well if you have big fingers that arn't adapt at holding small screws!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back