BoilerMate II - Hot water but no heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently had some leaky copper pipes and mixing valve replaced on my BoilerMate II. They drained it down to carry out the repairs, but have since been left with no heating.
There is hot water, but the thermostat in the dining room no longer "clicks" when you adjust the temp above room temperature.

British Gas have been out to look and checked that the thermostat is not getting a 240v feed to trigger it and said it is likely one of the two PCB's has been fried inside the BoilerMate by turning it "off and on again" or potentially the clock itself.

The PCB's do seem to be a bit of a weak point, I had the Pump Drive PCB replaced 3 years ago due to a buzzing noise it used to make.
Is anyone able to advise if it could be either the Delay Timer PCB, Pump Drive PCB or the clock I need to source.
I am currently trying to be sold on ripping out the BoilerMate and boiler and replacing it all at great expense which I would rather not have to do if possible.
Thanks!

Attachments

• 20240518_150739.jpg
    20240518_150739.jpg
    401.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 20240518_165734.jpg
    20240518_165734.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 24
Sponsored Links
1. I'm afraid I can't help with pointing to which PCB it is.
2. However, if you look at Adlink, they do reconditioned Gledhill PCBs at reasonable prices.
3. I'm not sure a mainstream outfit like British Gas in necessarily the best place to find expertise on what is a relatively uncommon system. You might like to try https://www.miketheboilerman.com/gledhill-boilermate.html

1. I'm afraid I can't help with pointing to which PCB it is.
2. However, if you look at Adlink, they do reconditioned Gledhill PCBs at reasonable prices.
3. I'm not sure a mainstream outfit like British Gas in necessarily the best place to find expertise on what is a relatively uncommon system. You might like to try https://www.miketheboilerman.com/gledhill-boilermate.html
Thanks, BG only came out to look as I have their Home Care cover and they had been out a few days before when they drained the tank for the first time and left me with no hot water or heating. That was a simple fix of pressing the over-heat protection switch on the boiler.
I was hoping it was going to be another simple fix this time, but apparently not.

Sponsored Links
I'm afraid I know nothing about your setup either.

However, if you are technically competent and have test equipment, the Gledhill manual (linked) provides comprehensive troubleshooting information.
P22 covers the pump drive and appendix 4 covers the delay PCB.

Although, if your equipment follows this schematic...
Screenshot_20240518-201314_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

...your room thermostat would receive it's switched live from the clock. The pump drive PCB is after the thermostat in the schematic.
Similarly, the Delay PCB is pretty well scorched from the high wattage resistor, but this appears to be activated by the switched live going to the boiler.

I would start my investigations with the clock.

Attachments

• gledhill-boilermate-ii-2-manual.pdf
    2.9 MB · Views: 15

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back