Soil Pipe Joint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My sister had a leak and opened the box around the soil pipe - It looks like it was repaired before and the leak was from a loos joint.

Is there any tape that can be used around the joints before the box is put back? Is gaffer tape suitable to provide a tight water seal? I tried the self amalgamating tape but it wasnt very easy to use and I did not feel like it covered the area well enough

1714755248461.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Should I really be using flashband on this soil pipe or is there a better tape to wrap round the joints just in case there is a leak before its decorated and boxed in

If the stack and soil pipe has been fitted correct - I.E. a male end into a downstream female end then as long as the seal is ok then it shouldn't really leak. It would only normally leak if the soil pipe was backing up so the joints were immersed for a length of time before the water ran away.

I'd be getting all that tape off and have a proper look to see where it's actually leaking from and why. Then as suggested it can be repaired properly.

Sponsored Links
Landlord responsible for service pipework ?

It does not look like it is leaking but I worry that if I take off the flashband then I will expose a leak and I prefer to tape over to give it a further level of protection

Is there no waterproof tape that can be applied over joints ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back