Mechanically fixed verge/ridge?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Are mechanical fixings required for verges/ridges etc. on an extension? My understanding is that they are, but it's very hard to buy mortar bedding kits and tile clips, which makes me think that nobody does them. My local roofing place didn't even know what a tile eaves clip was

My existing house doesn't have mechanical fixings, so I initially wanted the extension to match, but I'm not unsure what is required.

Sponsored Links
Do the tiles you are using not have holes for nails?

Do the tiles you are using not have holes for nails?
They do, but ridge tiles don't, I believe the eaves tiles need two mechanical fixings and with the verge it would depend whether I have enough tile (more than half) for a nail.

You can get mechanical fixings for ridge tiles. Or use a dry ridge kit?

Drill another hole for the fixing on the verge tile?

Or use a continuous dry verge?

Sponsored Links
If you in sheltered area then nail and bed the verges.
If it were my house I'd bed the ridge and use an purpose made plate and Ss screw at joints , drill and screw the last ones .
It's very rare to see eaves clips these days , they used to be integrated with the reforms .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back