install full central heating for typical 1920 two story 3 beds house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can someone please give me a rough estimate to install full CH install full central heating for typical 1920 two story 3 beds house. 9 radiators needed and Worcester 1000 boiler. I live in Wiltshire.

Sponsored Links
£50000 give or take £1000's

Honestly though .... how long is a piece of string> Without knowing room sizes - site conditions - and a whole plethora of other stuff, any figure would/could be really wide of the mark from a pro sitting on the other end of a computer.

Sponsored Links
Yes, I would agree about £4000 to £5000.

But the first step is to determine what size each rad needs to be and then what make of rad you like.

Then get quotes based on those rads and the make that you have chosen.

So the quotes are based on those exact rad sizes otherwise some installers would keep price down by installing undersized rads.

Consumers like Worcester boilers because they are advertised a lot and Worcester somehow pay Which magazine to put their boilers at the top of their listings.

Installers are often not that impressed by them and often prefer Viessmann, Intergas and Vaillant or Main ( for budget jobs ). That is partly because they are not designed for ease of maintenance and they have a reputation for sharp metal edges inside and because of the restricted access for some jobs can result in hand injuries. One popular model often has to be taken offf the wall to replace a small part which sometimes fails.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back