Garden box/bench

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking at repairing a box/bench that we from a flower bed.

Previously it was full of soil and we put some OSB board on top but over time it's crumbled and I guess it's because of the moisture.

I'm just trying to think of the most cost effective way of doing it now. I was going to remove all the soil and build up a framework but the soil is making a nice base and could be a pain to get ride of it. At the moment I'm thinking of something like gravel boards unless there is a different type of sheet wood I could use.

It's only an area of 1.6m by 43cm

Sponsored Links
I don't at the moment I'm afraid but it's just effectively a block planter that's been added onto the back of the steps with coping stones on top.

The OSB board worked with a cushion on top but just rotted and hoping there is something I can put on top that won't rot without having to take all the soil out and finding a way to dump it

Ok I've got some treated rough sawn timber which has done the job and the same as I used a few years back for a rose bed.

I understand I should protect the uncut edges but can I get away with something like Ronseal woodstain or do I need some preserve first?

Sponsored Links
Just got some varnish my dad had left over so hopefully that will help before I put that wood stain on it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back