2 gang light switch - 2 new lights with Sonoff Mini R4M

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all,

I live in a new build where the lighting is wired using the 2 plate method.

Im looking to add two pendant lights either side of my bed.

Currently there is a 1 gang 1 way switch to an existing pendant light in the centre of the room. At the switch there is a feed in, feed out to next room and switching cable for the existing pendant.

The pendant lights I purchased are dumb, so I have bought 2x Sonoff Mini2rm to home automate them, which has the added benefit of controlling from bed as I am unable to run cables for switches either side of the bed due to dot and dab plasterboard adhesive blocking the switch cable route at that end of the room.

I have come up with the below wiring diagram. I plan to change the existing 1 gang switch for a 2 gang switch. Keeping the first gang for the existing pendant in the centre of the room, bridging the COM to the second gang and wiring in the Sonoff, running a new cable to the first pendant and then looping to the next from a Wago Box.

Could I ask someone with a little more knowledge of these than myself;

1. Does the wiring diagram look correct? I have omitted earths and existing wiring to the first gang for clarity
2. Is it possible to have a Sonoff Mini2rm on each pendant, so they can be controlled independently via voice, app, routines etc?

Thanks in advance,

Image 04-05-2024 at 23.15.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Apologies, its the Sonoff Mini R4M - mislabeled in the diagram

I have omitted earths and existing wiring to the first gang for clarity
Sorry it has done the reverse as can't see where power is coming from in your diagram. This one seems reasonably universal 1714866874354.png I have used the two way option, the one I have, DSC_6061r.jpg works well with internet both phone and Nest Mini but a bit hit and miss using the switch, but whole reason for fitting was switch in wrong place, so never use switch anyway.

Sorry it has done the reverse as can't see where power is coming from in your diagram. This one seems reasonably universal View attachment 342210 I have used the two way option, the one I have, View attachment 342211 works well with internet both phone and Nest Mini but a bit hit and miss using the switch, but whole reason for fitting was switch in wrong place, so never use switch anyway.
Apologies.

Left gang:

COM: Live from previous room & Live to next room

L1: SL to existing pendant light

Neutrals all in wago within the switch

Sponsored Links
Any thoughts on the below to have a sonoff relay to control each light independantly.

I wouldn't get both in the back box so wondering if I can wire the second above the light in a wago box?

Attachments

• Image 05-05-2024 at 11.30.jpeg
    Image 05-05-2024 at 11.30.jpeg
    116.4 KB · Views: 7

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back